[rescue] roadrunner

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Tue Mar 18 19:50:19 CST 2003

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 07:28 PM, D.A. Muran-de Assereto wrote:
> > If it matters, last I heard RR in Tampa was very server-unfriendly.
> > They would
> > firewall you, and if they detected a server running on a non-standard
> > port,
> > would send you obnoxious emails and pull your service.
>
>    I won't be running any servers there, only clients.
You should be fine.  I'm woh.rr.com for a provider, and Dave Holland
already laid that one out for you.  The big difference between that
and sbc's dsl offering is that sbc does pppoe.  I do my personal
domain's mx via the rr pipe, and they haven't beat me up yet.  And
I don't listen anywhere but 22 and 25 inbound on the appliance
router.  Not putting the J up on it?  :-)
-ls-