[rescue] pls forgive dumb TEST msg, and a q conc. OSX + G3/300

deanders at pcisys.net deanders at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 18 10:47:51 CST 2003

At 11:16 AM 3/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 08:07:30AM -0700, deanders at pcisys.net wrote:
>> Every time I consider getting a Next system, I remember that I don't
>> actually have anywhere to put a 17" CRT right now... (not to mention a
>> keyboard and mouse that I can't really use with any of my other systems)
>
>You could get a bracket that mounts to the wall or clamps to a table,
>which would keep the monitor off the table/desk you use.  If you get a
>NeXT with ADB mouse and keyboard, you can use any Apple
>mouse/keyboard.

The bracket would be a good idea, but I don't think my landlord would
appreciate it (I don't have a table that I would be comfortable attaching a
bracket and monitor to...).

As to the keyboard and mouse...well, I don't actually have anything that
uses ADB, either, so I'd still have a keyboard & mouse specifically for the
Next system. I don't have enough room on my desk for that right now.

>Well, you can run Nextstep for x86 - I have a copy of 3.2 around here
>somewhere.  But you have to be very careful about the hardware- there
>are not many drivers.

Potentially stupid question: is there a good listing of compatible hardware
somewhere? I did some poking around with Google, but could only find bits
and pieces.

Derek Andersen