[rescue] LX serial woes

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Mar 15 21:31:50 CST 2003

If you have a Sun keyboard, plug that in, power the system on while
holding down Stop-N sequence.  If you have a monitor attached do this
till you see the banner screen.  If not, then do if for like a minute.

This will reset the NVRAM... maybe someone messed with the serial port
or console setting stuff in the NRAM....

It's a long shot, but worth a try.

You could also pop the top, and use the "eject" level for the mainboard
to pull then reseat the mainboard into it's connector for the back
pcb board that has all the connectors on it.... maybe you'll get lucky
and it would be a bad connection from dust or something.

Good luck,

  -- Curt