[rescue] Cool new gadget

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Mar 13 14:49:10 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:54:06 -0500, Tim Hauber <testing at pellucidar.net>
wrote:

> I don't know about 30 yearw ago (I was almost 4) but when I was a fairly
> small kid my dad was playing a game on the VAX during his lunch breaks,
> something about "there is a mailbox here" :-)
>
> I forget what it was called at that stage in its life, maybe dungeon?  I
> think he still has a hardcopy of the source. A pretty good stack of wide
> formfeed greenline IIRC.

Sounds like Zork to me.

Back around 1978 we used to play Colossal Cave Adventure on the Pr1me minis
at
work. You can still find it around. In fact, I once encountered a web site
where you could play it online through your browser. I have some source code
for it somewhere. I also have Zork for CP/M, comes in 3 parts. Don't know if
my CP/M emulator will work under Windows 2000, but I guess I can always set a
box up with DOS 5. And if the processor is too advanced, well, I still have
an
80286 mobo.

---
A book worth banning is a book worth reading.