[rescue] Cool new gadget

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Mar 13 14:43:36 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:37:10 -0500, "William Enestvedt"
<Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:

> P.S. This reminds me: I've hear about Space War on the PDP(?) but just how
> much computer game-playing really went on thirty years ago?

I use to play Space War on ASR-33 TTYs on a CDC-6400 at college in 1975.
There
were a few other games, too, but that was my favorite.

Most of the other stuff was single-player like Mugwump and Lunar Lander. You
might find an occasional Battleship game, though.

---
A book worth banning is a book worth reading.