[rescue] NetApp F720 question

John Mothershead john at backyardtech.com
Wed Mar 12 09:25:20 CST 2003

Gavin,
 We had one a while back, from an auction. If I remember it's fairly custom,
but give it a try. As far as the admin password. (It's been a while since I
did this.) Get a copy of the OS from Netapp, we registered the unit with the
support website and then was able to download some system images. Make a set
of boot disks, boot from the disks, select "change system password" from the
menu. Remove disks, reboot. This may be a bit oversimplified, but it's the
general idea. Email me off list and I'll try to figure out exactly how I did
it.

  Nice machine, but the shelves were loud.

-- John