[rescue] SGI Indigo 2 question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Mar 11 12:13:41 CST 2003

OK, so I'm going through all these Indigo 2 boxes... I have one Teal
with the newer power supply (385 watt) but with the old backplane...
I assume it will not do Impact graphics, correct ?

Also, I noticed that Indigo 2 systems with the newer power supply
and backplane do not all have the addition blue ribbon power cable
connecting to the backplane.... out of four two have it connected to
a terminator? card on the side of the power supply, and two have it
connected to the backplane.

When should this be connected to the backplane, and when should it not ????

Also, on an interesting note... one of my Purple Indigo 2 boxes actually
has a Teal top painted purple.  This is so well done and the color matches
so perfectly, I presume it was done by SGI (maybe in the early days of the
new color ???).  Can anyone shed some light on this ??

Also, anyone know where to get floptical media to play with ?

-- Curt