[rescue] Looking to dump old Centronics printer

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Mar 10 20:15:28 CST 2003

On 10 Mar 2003 17:12:50 -0800, Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:

> > I have a Centronics 702 printer. Condition unknown, worked 10 years ago
when
> > stuck it in the garage. Comes with a printer stand and a paper catcher.
>
> Given what you have, I imagine someone in the region has a PDP or
> $OLDIRON to hook it up to.
>
> who carea about slow if you can set it to printing overnight and not
> have to watch it?
>
> On a side note for my inkjet printers, I've been finding literal tons of
> 8 and 15 inch tractor feed paper (I cna only use the letter sized stff
> for pennies lately. excellent way to cheply print out docco.

BTW, I have another 15" tractor feed dot matrix printer, it works, and it's
considerably more modern. Epson ESC/P2 LQ-1170. Company bought a bunch for
printing labels, 5 or 10 of them, and all but one sat for 6 months when they
decided to use a different technology. IT pulled them from their boxes and
sold 'em for $5 each, complete with manuals, still in the plastic. Naturally,
I grabbed one. :) I also grabbed about 10 replacement ribbons when some
office
supplies were being cleaned out. Accessories are still available for this
model.

It's light enough that I'm likely to hang onto it unless I'm really
desperate.

I still have the plastic wrap. :)

---
Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion.