[rescue] Looking to dump old Centronics printer

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Mon Mar 10 19:05:26 CST 2003

"Jeffrey Nonken" <jeff_work at nonken.net> wrote:

> I have a Centronics 702 printer. Condition unknown, worked 10 years
> ago

Wow!  I think I had one of those 15-20 years ago.  IIRC, it had an
electronic VFU.  It weighed a ton, ran forever, and at the time was
well-enough documented to hook it to almost anything.  Mine printed
text off the back of a Tek 4051 and later a PDP-11/03.  Wasn't much
for graphics (although there may have been a way...don't remember).
It's a tank.  Don't kill it if you can avoid it!
-ls-