[rescue] Looking to dump old Centronics printer

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Mar 10 17:32:59 CST 2003

(I don't think it's worth anything, but then again, a couple months ago I
dumped a worthless Mouse Systems optical mouse, along with its optical pad.
Since then I've recognized it as the PC equivalent of a Sun type 3 mouse
(IIRC) and realized that the mouse pad could probably be sold for enough to
pay off my mortgage.

(So I figured I'd ask the list.)

I have a Centronics 702 printer. Condition unknown, worked 10 years ago when
stuck it in the garage. Comes with a printer stand and a paper catcher.

This is a 15" tractor feed printer, weighs a ton, has a slowass print rate
and
a kickass slew rate. Character matrix is 7x7 and can only print alternate
dots, unless it has my custom character generator chip, in which case it's
7x8/all dots but prints slower (adjustable if you get inside). It also has a
forms tape reader thingy that I've never used.

Is this even worth bothering to test, or should I just drop it in the
neighbor's dumpster (with his permission ofc)?

If anybody wants it... you'd better be local, 'cause the damned thing needs
be shipped in a crate. (Philly area)

One way or another, it's history. I might consider yanking the massive
stepper
motors and a few other parts.

Oh yeah, I've also got the ribbon cartridge adaptor kit and I might have a
spare head, for whatever that's worth.

---
The earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.