[rescue] SS5/110

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Sun Mar 9 12:22:26 CST 2003

> > Hey, it's my wife on a 32-bit SPARC. I'd say that's a major
> > accomplishment.

Hey, it's not a bad machine, despite what other people say. it even
handles the sol9 desktop reasonably well (well, that's a 256meg RAM
ss5/110)

netscape sucks on it, of course.

> Good god man.  A ZX?  Do you have some hidden cruel streak?

They aren't bad FBs. they aren't elite creator 3D cards, but they aren't
cg3, either.

> >From what I hear, the only decent true color board for non UPA/PCI
> machines is the SX stuff on certain SS10s and SS20s.

depends on what you mean by decent, but the ZX isn't exactly broken. :)