[rescue] SS5/110

sambo s at avoidant.org
Sun Mar 9 08:12:47 CST 2003

On Sunday, Mar 9, 2003, at 01:27 US/Eastern, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Good god man.  A ZX?  Do you have some hidden cruel streak?

>> From what I hear, the only decent true color board for non UPA/PCI
> machines is the SX stuff on certain SS10s and SS20s.  And SS20s are
> really cheap.

Yeah, i've actually got a couple of SS20 bases downstairs, and a 4M
VSIMM to go in. No spare cpus floating about, though, and RAM isn't as
easy to come by when you have no money and no job.

But yeah, that would have been first choice if I had all the pieces.
What I did have was a complete SS5/110 w/a ZX. Easy enough to upgrade
when I do get the rest of the parts for a 20, though, since
everything's on the U5. All I need to do is build the machine and drop
it on her desk.

---sambo