[rescue] what to ask for an Onyx?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Mar 7 04:02:32 CST 2003

On 2003.03.07 10:06 Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> In my book, an extender that would handle 1280x1024
> in 76Hz would be heavily priced. Am I right?
No. I am using 10 m video / KBD / mouse extenders for my Alpha and
Indigo2. Some time ago I ePayed a set of 3 m Sun 13W3 extenders for
10,-EUR each. They are quite good. The other cable is self made from
regular RG59 (not RG58 from your 10Base2 cabling!) cable and BNC
connectors. Cable 0,50EUR / m + 2,-EUR / plug. Runs 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz.

For KBD / mouse I used 2 m externders, cut them a half, soldered a RJ45
connector to them so that I can use single 100BaseT patch cable to
extend KBD / mouse.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen