[rescue] Re: OSU Surplus Store: WAS Origin 200 - flaky serial console

William G.Gruesbeck Jr. bgruesbeck at daysys.com
Thu Mar 6 14:13:03 CST 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:32, someone wrote:

snip

> You ought to go to the Hamvention in Dayton, OH,
You really, really, really should. I could have picked up a free SGI 4d/80
machine that was used for TV commercials, but I couldn't get back in time
among other things.

> It's a fantastic experience.  You not only get to see the Ham Radio looney
> fringe (guys wearing aluminium hardhats with handy-talkie antennas on top)

snip

The Michigan Militia andconspiracy types are the best to watch and listen to.
They are hilarious.!

> I lived in Columbus, Ohio from '97-'01; the two things I miss most are the
> OSU surplus store ($5 SPARCstations!) and the Hamvention....
I'm over in Beavercreek, just on the edge of Dayton on the other side of
Springfield.

Where is this magical OSU Surplus store you speak of? It is not known of in
these lands. Is this something that I must go to the great Google for?

By the way, if you want to come back for Hamvention this year, I'm sure I
could find some extra room for a day or two. I have a few people come and
stay each year since no hotels are open.

Bill Gruesbeck Jr.