[rescue] Re: cgsix (TGX) into SS 1 ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 06:37:14 CST 2003

--- Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> >I would like to revive  SparcStation 1+.
> >It's in working condition (64 MB RAM, boots into NetBSD, telnet
> >works, but i don't remember my password after 2 or 3 years it
> >spend in closet). The problem is - it hasn't video card - i have
> >used it over console. And i don't have any computer at home with
> > serial port today (PowerMac and iBook).
>
> FWIW the list consensus seems to be that Keyspan USB-serial adaptors
> (www.keyspan.com) are the best way to add extra serial ports to a Mac
> or PC system. They have drivers & support for MacOS 9, OSX, Windows,
> and linux host systems.

Or, if you are looking for an appropriate framebuffer, I have a dual
slot CG6 (501-1645 see http://www.memoryx.net/5011645.html) that you
can have for postage - it is believed, but not known, to be working,
since it has not been in a system for years. If interested, please
contact me off-list.

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/