[rescue] Re: cgsix (TGX) into SS 1 ?

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 3 22:49:50 CST 2003

>I would like to revive  SparcStation 1+.
>It's in working condition (64 MB RAM, boots into NetBSD, telnet works, but i
>don't remember my password after 2 or 3 years it spend in closet).
>The problem is - it hasn't video card - i have used it over console.
>And i don't have any computer at home with serial port today (PowerMac and
>iBook).

FWIW the list consensus seems to be that Keyspan USB-serial adaptors
(www.keyspan.com) are the best way to add extra serial ports to a Mac or PC
system. They have drivers & support for MacOS 9, OSX, Windows, and linux
host systems.

I frequently use a USA-19QW on my Thinkpad and have had no problems.

Regards,

Gavin