[rescue] J90 on epay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 22:30:53 CST 2003

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>
> > But then, you still might be outsniped by a mere $25.  I think that
> > it would be better for auctions to end something like 5 minutes
> > after the last bid after the set ending time.

GSCi auctions (mainly Gateway bits, but other PC parts) used to run
auctions like this - auctions ran until bidding ended, or so much time
has elapsed. I didn't like it, and sometimes I found my self bidding
out of spite ;^) Some folks paid alot for part they wanted against
me...

> There's been a lot of talk about that on the various lists I'm on,
> and the general consensus has been that ePay won't do that because
> it'll kill the additional revenues they collect from impulse buyers,
> which sucks for buyers, but is a win for sellers.

It becomes frustrating, I think the eBay model is better, but
oreferences vary...

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/