[rescue] Using the two ports on an IBM 3153 terminal

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Mon Mar 3 07:16:00 CST 2003

I have an IBM 3153 that I'm trying to use as a console for two Fire V100's.
The 3153 has an "AUX" and an "EIA" port.  According to its manual, one is
DTE, one is DCE, but you can supposedly use both for serial terminals (one
just needs a null modem adapter, the other doesn't).

Well, I have one V100 working on the AUX port with a null modem adapter.  The
other port, no matter what I try, just doesn't seem to do anything.  At this
point, I don't suspect the terminal itself, I'm still thinking it's an RS-232
issue.

Any ideas??

Eric