[rescue] Anybody need an Ascend pipeline 85 ISDN router?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sun Mar 2 09:25:17 CST 2003

last weekend I rescued an ascend pipeline router, not knowing its
capabilities.  Now I know its capabilities, and I can't use any of them.
 No idea what it is worth, It does light up, and appears to work. I can
access it through the console port, settings change and stay changed,
etc.  I can access it via ethernet once it has an IP set.

It is an ISDN router with A and B chanel analog outputs, it can use
either, both or no channels for Analog/data, looks like it will bring
the secod channel online on a load basis if so configured, and it has a
built in 4 port ethernet switch.

On the label for options it lists IPSEC, ISDN, ASA and FR, watever that
means, and it can be configured to connect to a multitude of different
telco switches.

The guy I bought it from didn't really know what it was, he was using it
as a 4 port switch.

Anybody interested drop me an off-list line.

Tim