[rescue] Fire V100 LOM?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Feb 20 07:30:27 CST 2003

We just got in two Fire V100's at work and I can't for the life of me figure
out how LOM and OBP are related to each other.  Can someone please impart
clue not found in the manuals..?

Also, if you follow the system manual, there's a first-time configuration that
can be gone through if you do a "poweron" from LOM (versus a normal "boot" in
OBP).  What is this?  Is it a special boot option on the HD?  Is it
LOM-specific?

The biggest problem that we're having is that when we run this first-time
config, it wants to get the machine's network vital stats (address, netmask,
etc).  After we enter the info and hit F2 for that final time, it comes back
with a general error.... and it does so extremely quickly, so I doubt if it's
actually hitting hardware or looking for addresses on the network.  Can
anyone think of what's causing this?

I'm about to say screw it and just stick the Sol9 CDs and start over.

Thanks,
Eric