[rescue] Small serial terminal

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Feb 19 14:51:20 CST 2003

Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> It's a bit dated, but a 5 is certainly a good start. The only reason I
> switched was because I didn't use the keyboard enough for me to put up
> with the greater size over the palm ... I tend to use a PDA as a
> viewing device.

I'm the oposite - I tend to use a PDA completely seperate from a computer,
other than backups of the data.  It's a royal pain having to disconnect a
modem or serial cable to use a keyboard.  Palms are decent, but severly
feature limited for what I want to do.

> If I was to wind up travelling more, or have other reasons to do remote
> data entry I'd switch back in a flash (or more likely pick up a series
> 7 or netbook).

Would be nice, but a bit outside what I want to spend.

> > Do you still have that 5?  Interested in selling/trading it?
>
> Yes. And no ... it's an old friend. Besides it'd be cheaper/easier
> getting one on your side of the pond.

D'oh!  I forgot you were on the other side from me.  Off to eBay to monitor
the listings then.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."