[rescue] Small serial terminal

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 14:40:42 CST 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 7:40 pm, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> After looking on eBay, I'm actually considering getting a 5 series.
> Palms are nice, but they lack useability.  My Vx can either have a
> modem on it or a keyboard, not both.  Checking email in that fashion
> sucks.

It's a bit dated, but a 5 is certainly a good start. The only reason I
switched was because I didn't use the keyboard enough for me to put up
with the greater size over the palm ... I tend to use a PDA as a
viewing device.

If I was to wind up travelling more, or have other reasons to do remote
data entry I'd switch back in a flash (or more likely pick up a series
7 or netbook).

> Do you still have that 5?  Interested in selling/trading it?

Yes. And no ... it's an old friend. Besides it'd be cheaper/easier
getting one on your side of the pond.