[rescue] Re: Re: Small serial terminal

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Tue Feb 18 17:21:33 CST 2003

linc at thelinuxlink.net said:
> I like Slackware - Download the 1 installation cd and go! If you need
> something extra, you can easilly compile and install it - or maybe
> even find a slack package!

This works great, until you are responsible for supporting $BIGNUM sets of
servers / workstations.  Revision control is a real issue when you're
managing LOTs of systems.

Note that I did not mention a particular OS.  I happen to like redhat, but
other UNIX vendors, like Sun, SuSE (and other) make good, capable package
management systems that make management of large numbers of systems possible.

Now, your personal desktop?  Hurt yourself.  And if you like the Slackware
paradigm, take a look at gentoo (www.gentoo.org).

AL