[rescue] Re: Re: Small serial terminal

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 18 14:45:53 CST 2003

Linc Fessenden <linc at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> I know a lot of people who really like Suse, but I just can't get over the
> fact that you 1) have to buy media for it, and 2) it cones with 7 disks!

I dont' know when they changed that, but you can now do a network install
from their FTP server (or one of the mirrors).  They have bootdisk images in
the "boot" dir - including an ISO for those without floppy drives (like me).
 You can also download the entire directory tree and mount it on your own
network and do a NFS or FTP install locally.  Still no ISO download for the
entire SuSE CD set (or single DVD) but that's not really an impediment
anymore (thankfully).

> I like Slackware - Download the 1 installation cd and go!
> If you need something extra, you can easilly compile and install it - or
> maybe even find a slack package!

Slack is Good Food.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."