[rescue] list intro, fs & wtb

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Feb 18 09:13:32 CST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:37:35AM -0500, r. 'bear' stricklin wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Scott Newell wrote:
>
> > Ought oh...just wait 'till JDB sees that you have a Symbolics 3650...
>
> It's complete, but languishing currently for lack of access to the disk
> tools tape or the will to send a couple hundred bucks to Dave Schmidt at
> (what remains of) Symbolics to format my new disk for me. The CDC Sabre in
> there currently is slowly failing. When I first got it I'm pretty sure it
> could've booted far enough into one of the worlds on disk to get a new
> disk going and allow a complete restore from tape, but by the time I
> learned enough about how the machine worked, and then finally sourced a
> new Sabre, the bad blocks had spread just enough that no world would run
> sufficiently.

Does DKS really insist on a couple hundred bucks for that operation?
Wow.  Are you on the lispm mailing list?  I don't have the URL for the
web site handy, but it is refered to by most, if not all, of the main
symbolics fan pages.  I'd imagine that someone on that lisp would be
willing to do it for free