[rescue] Re: HP9000 RAM compatibly chart

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Feb 17 03:10:26 CST 2003

Partsurfer will only give you half of the truth as HP is notorious for
selling the same part with twenty different part numbers for twenty
different systems.

FWIW the B132L takes the same sort of SIMMs that you find in D/R/K servers
and older B/C/J workstations.

I thought E55 didn't use SIMMs but rather a huge module with an IDC-like
connector? Perhaps I am thinking of an older system.

Regards,

Gavin

>I'd go to partsurfer.hp.com and look around.
>
>On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 15:57, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there somwhere a chart that lists what RAM modules can be used in
>> what type of HP9000 machine?
>>
>> I googled and had a look at http://www.openpa.net/ but didn't get much
>> usefull answeres. Machines in question are: 715/33, 715/100, 712/60 and
>> E55 on one side and a B132L on the other. From the SIMMs I found in the
>> 7xx models and the E55 I know that they can take all the same type of
>> SIMMs and I successfully swaped some of them from one machine to others.
>> But will these SIMMs also work in a B132L? I saw somthing on openpa.net
>> that there is an "old" and a "new" type of PS/2 like SIMMs but the
>> information on openpa.net seams not to be very consistent / complete
>> regarding to RAM modules.

<snip>