[rescue] SGI temps?

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Sun Feb 16 03:28:14 CST 2003

Hello all,

Sunday, February 16, 2003, 6:15:24 AM, you wrote:

>> I've a little concern about something running that warm that only has
>> passive cooling on it.  (Not that I'm too certain I could do much about
>> it)
>
> What's it in?

  I assume he is talking about an Octane (because of the "MXI").

> In the Indigo2, at least in _my_ Indigo2, there's a fan that blows on the
> video card stack, so it's not entirely "passive cooling" ....

  Same is true for the Octane (although the airflow is handled in a
  slightly different way).  On both systems it's essential for the
  wellbeing of the graphics option (or system as a whole) to place it
  so that the hot air can move freely away from the system. And it's a
  good idea to examine it from time to time - just to see if it hasn't
  collected too much dust.

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de