[rescue] SGI Indigo 2 10000 SCSI Question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Feb 15 21:18:49 CST 2003

I've just read on a couple of web pages that later Indigo 2's
had ultra (narrow) scsi capable of 20MB/sec.

However, no site seems to explain how you go about finding out
if that is what you have or not.

So... how can I find out if my Indigo 2 10000 Max Impact has
10MB/sec of 20MB/sec SCSI speed ?

Secondly... if it does, is 20MB/sec enough for uncompressed video
capture from an ev1 board ?

If not, I'd think 40MB/sec would be, so I could do disk striping
using an internal drive and external drive (does SGI support disk
striping in the OS, or do you need an unbundled product) ?

One of the things that would be neat to do is to bring in NTSC video
capturing it, then encoding to MPEG say for VCD or something.

Thanks in advance,

  -- Curt