[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Feb 13 13:56:45 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:23:21 +0100, Frank Van Damme
<frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> Learned something new about PC's: they won't function without a graphics
> card. So if you think the problem is not your video card because it does
> exactly the same (=nothing) without that thing, you're probably wrong.

Um, oh dear. Your average PC will not work without a graphics card and RAM;
it'll just sit there and beep. Absolute minimum configuration.

It'll usually kvetch if you don't have a keyboard, too, but not until it gets
past a bunch of other tests. Like RAM and graphics. :) Some BIOSes will let
you let you run without a keyboard, but first you need to plug a keyboard in
to set the option.

I don't know anything about later models and USB keyboards.

"Keyboard not found: hit F1 to continue"

---
I'll never be cruel to a gin-and-tonic again!