[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Feb 13 11:25:20 CST 2003

"Jeffrey Nonken" <jeff_work at nonken.net> writes ...

[snip my pop-quiz bit]

> Here's a bit of my code, copied right from the source file with no
changes.
> Note that this looks a LOT better if you use no wrapping (or >80 columns)
and
> a fixed-width font. Especially the little ASCII diagram in the first
comment
> block. :)
>
> Note that I *am* a professional software engineer, or "programmer" if you
> prefer, and this is a typical example of my work. This code is written in
> Microchip PIC assembly, and it is Copyright 2001, 2002, and 2003 by
> Schulmerich Carillons, Inc.

[snip beautifully commented and illustrated code, complete with ASCII art]

You're fired.

-Shel

PS:  Not really.  They'd be nutz to let you get away.  But, if they do, call
me.

PPS:  Is the carillon at Heidelberg College in Tiffin, Ohio, one of yours?
It's the only one I've ever played.  "Louie, Louie" sounded great on it, at
3 AM....