[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 11 00:42:27 CST 2003

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 01:26 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> I will be the first to admit that the original TCL design could be
> improved.  The point is, it was.  Since v8.0 we have real binary
> encoding handling, namespaces, etc.; all the things that kept RMS from
> giving it his blessing have been fixed for the past 5 years.

   I'd go so far as to say it's a whole different language now.

> This thread should probably die though, since like "vi vs. emacs"
> there is no clear programming langugage winner.

   ...and there shouldn't be.  Different languages have different
strengths, weaknesses, and suitable applications...and different
programmers have different tastes and methodologies.  There is no
"best" language, nor will there ever be one.

         -Dave