[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 10 22:46:57 CST 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 11:29 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> I really think that OTHER language from Sun, TCL, is a better language
> than Java.

   Does Sun "own" TCL now?  Does Ousterhout work for them now or
something?

   Also, this "better" thing...Better at what?  GUIs?  Network
programming?  Database programming?

> Everything you talk about above is faster and easier in TCL than in
> Java, and doesn't require 80MB of crud spewed across your spindles to
> get it.

   Yeah but TCL is an interpreted scripting language.  Most companies
don't like to give out their source code.

   80MB of crud spewed across your spindles?  What Java are YOU running,
man?

      -Dave