[rescue] Speaking of Solaris GUI options...

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sat Feb 8 19:15:35 CST 2003

On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 16:37 US/Eastern, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> For OSX, you better have a G3 running at 600Mhz or better and 256MB
> RAM.

Um, I'm EXTREMELY happy with OS X on my 250 MHz Wallstreet. It does
have 256M RAM, which I'd like to take to 512, but the CPU speed doesn't
seem to make as much difference as the amount of RAM you throw at it.

One good thing I've found is that OS X will use as much RAM as you give
it before swapping, so more is better.

---sambo