[rescue] Re: Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Solaris GUI options...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Feb 8 02:01:25 CST 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Yuri K wrote:

> RN> Mind you, I wouldn't do multilayer rendering in Photoshop on the 266mhz
> RN> machine. Any machine has its limits. But saying you need a g4/800 to use
> RN> the OS is absurd.
>
>       Depends... :) Try to select a small jpg object in FreeHand

I forgot one other question, and then I'll really get out from under the
bridge. When did OSX integrate Freehand? You're arguing (at least here)
that OSX is unusable on a g4/800 or less because of an application
problem or shortcoming.

It may be a valid shortcoming, but a lot of tasks undertaken on a Mac
running OSX don't require Freehand. That includes every task I've ever had
to do on a Mac, and almost all of the ones I've done on other systems.

But once again, if you find those g4 systems (or g3 portables) unusable,
I'll let you have my shipping address and I'll even consider paying the
shipping.

Rob