[rescue] 128 bits...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 21:01:02 CST 2003

--- Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> So does anyone think we will eventually see 128 bit architectures?

Sure, but why?

Seriously, what would you do with 128 bits? That is a huge chunk of
data to deal with natively - I think eventually you will find that the
waste in doing normal work will preclude wide-spread adoption...

I suspect (but have no direct knowledge - Dave M. help me), I think 64
bits are a waste for most end-user applications. OTOH, I am sure it is
great for certain applications.

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com