[rescue] Solaris on a PPC

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Feb 6 12:32:31 CST 2003

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:34:26 -0600, Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:

> >> It also means instability, and an Alpha that needs a BIOS to boot.
>
> 'needs a BIOS to boot'?  I'm confused--wouldn't an Alpha need a BIOS to
> boot anything other than a ROM based OS?

I don't know about Alpha, and maybe I'm misunderstanding the question. Or
what
BIOS really means. But you don't need a ROM BIOS to boot, if the OS you're
booting controls all the I/O. You just need a bootstrap loader or some kind
of
IPL.

*waves a punched card* APLIPLPR!

---
Mop and Glo: official Floor wax of the Three Mile Island cleanup team.