[rescue] de-racking RL02s?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 3 13:04:47 CST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:32 PM, James wrote:
>> How the heck do I get an RL02 to let me slide it COMPLETELY OUT of
>> its rails
>> and de-rack it?
>
> Hell, I can't even figure out how to open mine.

   Power it up and make sure the light/button marked "LOAD" is released.
  Wait about 30 seconds until you hear a "click".  The "load" light
should come on, but the bulb may be burnt out...they're incandescent.
After the click, squeeze the little finger latch on the top right part
of the drive door.  The top will now pop open.

   RL drives receive a master clock from their controller, and will
indicate a fault if you power them while not connected to a [powered]
controller.  You can safely ignore this if you just want to get it open.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley