[rescue] analog routers...

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 07:52:32 CDT 2003

Dan Williams  <dan.williams at btconnect.com> wrote:
>> Of course, the x86 boot process and the like was such a PITA that I've just
>> given up and left a cheap PCI video card in there for my sanity. A serial
>> console would have been *really* handy though - it's easier to extend RS232
>> from the hall (where the BT socket is) to the computer room than VGA :)
> Wouldn't it be even easier to extend the bt socket to the computer room ?.

Yes, if that was the only problem I was trying to solve. I actually want all
the headless boxes and networking gear shoved away in a cupboard so I don't
have to listen to them all buzzing away.

The computer room is gaining a tenant on Saturday, so my kit will end up in
my room. I can't sleep through all those jet-engines :)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key