[rescue] IBM System/360/370 stuff

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Wed Aug 27 03:40:59 CDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Didn't someone here own a P/390 or similar system?  I'm looking for an
> XT/370 or something like that to learn more about older IBM stuff.

I own a PCI P/390 (as does Dave), and an MCA P/390.  I owned a P/390E,
which I have sold.

You might have a hard time finding a P/370, but I'd check with the people
on P370-L, which is the list for the P/370, P/390, P/390E, IS/390, and MP
systems.  It can be found on http://pucc.princeton.edu/.  It's primarily
not frequented by hobbyists, but rather by professionals and resellers, so
bear that in mind.

> In the meantime, I've got Hercules for OS X and some CDs from
> CBTTAPE.ORG on the way.. 8-)
>
> Any links to online documentation, old manuals, etc, appreciated.

I don't know if it's up anymore, but try ftp://p390.ibm.com/.  It doesn't
have any of the required stuff, but it's a good starting point.

Peace...  Sridhar