[rescue] analog routers...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 26 21:24:57 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:43:13AM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:

> I think I remember instructions on how to install and use (yes, really)
> Linux on a headless PC. It involved a boot floppy that redirected boot
> info to the serial port. It will not, of course, let you get at the
> BIOS, but if you are interested I'll try to hunt up the link...

I know how to do that.

It's OK, but any problems and you are back to needing the monitor.

It would be soooooooooo nice if all PCs had serial BIOS, and I can't
help but think it could be done without adding much, if any, cost.

Many PCs already have more on-board flash space than they are using.

Mine has a 256K BIOS, and 2MB of flash ROM.