[rescue] analog routers...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Aug 25 01:17:23 CDT 2003

What I find nice for console servers is Livingston/Lucent
PM2E.  There is the fixed config PM2E-10 (in the smaller chassis...
nice for home), then PM2E-30 chassis with 10, 20, or 30 ports.

I've had the break problem with these, but only on port S0...
(odd)... S1 through S29 don't seem to have the problem.

Standardly I config them with filter lists, setup logins using
the system names as usernames, and when you telnet to the portmaster
and log in to that user it connects you to the corresponding sytem
console.

Very nice boxes...

For even smaller, you could find an old Lantronix EPS/4 which
will have 4 serial ports on it... haven't ever configured one
as a console server though.... only as a print server (it has
one parallel port).

-- Curt