[rescue] WTB: your busted-screen laptop

John B. Lee jbl2007 at columbia.edu
Sat Aug 23 17:02:00 CDT 2003

Hi,

Are you still looking for laptops? How far under $50 are you looking to
go? I have a Compaq Armada 4131T w/CDROM base that's not being used.
However, it has a flakey keyboard. Sometimes, some keys will go dead.
This can be cured by pressing down on the palmrest, or by using an
extrenal (PS/2) keyboard. I wouldn't mind packing it off for $50.

Specs:

P133
48MB RAM
3GB hard drive
4x CDROM
floppy
2 PCMCIA (16bit) slots
12.1" TFT-LCD (800x600), working :-)
2 batteries (one "handle" type battery, one internal type battery)

I can also include a 3com 3c589A ethernet pccard w/slightly damaged
(but still operational) dongle. A note: I have NetBSD 1.6.1 installed
now, but can't get it to work with the 3com card. I think it has
something to do with the memory address that the card gets mapped to.
However, I have neither the patience nor a pressing a need to figure it
out. Barters are also not out of the question. Let me know if you're
interested, how much you'd be willing to pay, etc.

--
John B. Lee
jbl2007 at columbia.edu
http://binomial.sociology.columbia.edu/~jbl/