[rescue] analog routers...

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Aug 22 20:50:08 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:25:07PM -0400, Shannon wrote:

> It has been suggested that I find a cheap DSL/Cable router, which has a
> modem backup, but some people have reported problems dealing with them.
> I don't mind using my existing modem with one though, if there are any
> that work well as an analog router.

You might want to look at:

1. Intel InBusiness (EOL'd) which does DHCP if you want, etc.

2.  Netopia or other brand ISDN router that has analog backup.  These
often have very nice telnet interfaces; not Cisco, but cheap.  Bonus
on these is that they can do port mapping and have limited but useful
IPfilter capabilities.  And the firmware will be better tested than
DLink/Linksys etc.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |