[rescue] u2 drive trays

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 22 16:56:17 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:41:05AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Here's a message that I sent to another listmember earlier today when
> asked the same question.  In thinking about it further I think it was
> in DC and not Virginia (bit rot in the brain), but:

It was at least very close to DC. I thoug it was in Falls Church or
something, but it has been awhile.

>   Metropolitan Area Ethernet.  Built by MFS (Metro Fiber Systems), it
> was basically the predecessor to the NAPs on the east coast.

I remember when I worked for InfiNet in Norfolk, VA, and we were using
MAE East to route between two of our buildings. It kinda ticked them
off. We had troubles getting our cross-the-street thing going for
awhile, though I think networking dept. was just being slack.

> There was
> also the MAE-West but it wasn't quite as big.

That's hilarious... the irony. I bet MAE-West never met a packet it
didn't like... :)

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com