Noise and Hearing (was Re: [rescue] Re: Throw another packet onthe server...)

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Fri Aug 22 08:21:49 CDT 2003

"David L Kindred (Dave)" wrote:

> I know of the risks to hearing from some of my hobbies, but what about
> from long term exposure to computer room noise?

I've already got some hearing lost due to my time in military services,
and from using too much volume on earphones. Along that I have Tinnitus
(constant beeping) 24/7, which seem to get worse by every year for some
reason.
That's why I tend to keep the volume of noise around me at a reasonable
level when listening to music, watching tv, etc. I do tend to keep my
computers around me more silent, but that's more of a concentration
problem rather than having a risk of damaging my hearing.

I'm convinced that loud high-pitched noises out of failed bearings in
harddrives is nowhere but suitable for my ears.

/Bjorn