[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Aug 22 00:13:16 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:24 PM, N.Miller wrote:
>> One small word of advice:  Buy some "buyer's title insurance."
>> Generally,
>> title insurance only covers the mortgage holder, and, if there's no
>> mortgage holder, there won't be any.  Title insurance is a racket,
>> but you want some in case there's a problem down the road.
>
> Ditto on that, though depending on the state, it may not be necessary.
> Ask your *escrow* company for advice (*not* the real estate agent)--
> they know this stuff inside and out.

   Well that's the best thing about this deal...there's no real estate
agent.  I have my own buyer.  Which means, you guessed it, no
commission.  All the title work (and escrow, etc) is being handled by
my attorney, and the other-than-legal-work stuff is being handled by my
very gracious mother, who was a real estate agent for many years so she
knows that stuff cold.

          -Dave