[rescue] OS X, et al

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Aug 21 18:20:00 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 09:57 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Why not?  I ran it on a Pismo for the last year and loved it.  That's
> typically with X11, a dozen rxvts, Safari or Camino, iTunes, and Yahoo
> Messenger all open with me writing software.
>
> The specs on the system were:  G3/400, 512MB memory, 40GB disc,
> bog-standard ATI Rage Mobility video.

Modern games (*Carbon lib, feh*) or probably even OS X Photoshop,
wouldn't be fun.  But all that stuff, and even other Classic apps
under 10.2 (note, not 10.1) are fine.

> Quite well, from what I've heard.  It's also possible to run MacOS 9
> inside of MOL on Linux, and possibly MacOS X inside of MOL on Linux.

I haven't tried YDL on anything in recent memory.  I have this
nice 8500 here that I've been testing HW with, I should throw in
a second disk and check that out.

But OS X inside MOL on Linux?!? ...There's something just wrong
with that in spite of the fact that generally "meta" stuff is
cool.

=Nadine=