[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Thu Aug 21 16:23:19 CDT 2003

Daniel de Young [daniel at velvetsea.com] wrote:
> great DEC/Alpha deals just in the last month.  PA-RISC stuff is still
> expensive mostly, but there has been a few good deals.

Nah, even RDI PrecisionBooks came down to $150, so PA-RISC isn't
anymore expensive at all.

You could get a Convex SPP1200 SMP-Cluster w/ 16 PA8000 CPUs for less
than $1000 here too, so no great deal.

The latter is still a bit steep for my pockets though, but well, this
used to be called a massively-parallel supercomputer some moons ago
and now sells for about a decent PC/Mac.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.