[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 21 16:10:25 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:02:27AM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> LOL, I slept for one year right next to a SGI 4D/440 in my room during
> ugrad. To the point that I found it hard to sleep w/o the purrrr while I
> slept over at my gfriends since I had got THAT used to it. Some people
> have those noise machines that emulate the sea breeze and what not, I
> guess we should produce some sort of geek sleep device: Hum should I sleep
> today to the tune of a IBM 370, or maybe I should go for the pr1me disk
> drive spin up symphony....

Before we had the new central AC system installed last year, we had a
10KBTU window air conditioner running full-blast in our back bedroom
(10'x12').  When we removed it, it was *too quiet* and we couldn't sleep!

So, now, we have *two* fans in that room.  We *have* to have the white
noise.

Bill

--
bill bradford