[rescue] Mac in the classroom?

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Aug 21 15:09:55 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 05:07 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I've never heard of an English class (which I take to mean
> "Literature") that had computers in the room... Was there a computer
> for each student, or a machine in th back of the room? How was it used?

Back in around 1990, when I was still crazy enough to be
in grad school, I took a grad class on tutoring writing
that was held in the writing lab.  I was on SE/30's (state
of the art, almost, in those days).  That was when gopher
was still viable.

We often used an interactive multi-user chat system in
class to demonstrate how the verbal interaction dynamic
of the majority of classes causes a lot of kids not to
participate.

=Nadine=